FREE Injury Consultations | Home And Hospital Visits  | Family Owned Since 1997

Can you get compensated for your injuries after a hit and run accident?

On Behalf of | Apr 12, 2024 | Firm News

Hit and run concept. Injured man on road in front of a car.
Yes. If you have been involved in a hit-and-run incident in Pennsylvania, you have the right to get financial and medical compensation even if the responsible driver is never found.

You should take the following steps to receive the help you need.

1. Contact the police

Like with any accident, it is crucial to call 911 immediately. Reporting the incident to the police creates an official record and increases the chances of locating the responsible driver. Tell the police details about the incident and a description of the fleeing vehicle. This will help law enforcement in their investigation.

2. Collect evidence

Unless you need immediate medical attention, gather as much information as possible at the accident scene. This includes taking pictures of the damages, injuries, and the location. Eyewitness accounts also provide valuable information.

3. Seek medical attention

Seek medical attention. This will be covered by your own no-fault auto insurance coverage. Getting a medical evaluation not only ensures your well-being but also documents the injuries for your injury claim.

4. Contact your insurance company

Call your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident. This will initiate the claims process and help you understand your coverage options.

5. Contact a lawyer

Contact Wes at Kocsis Law Office PC for a FREE injury consultation to see if you can get compensation from your hit-and-run accident. He can help make a “phantom vehicle” claim on your Uninsured Motorist (UM) benefits. He is an experienced, local personal injury attorney serving Bradford County PA and throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York.

If you have been injured in a hit-and-run car accident or sustained a personal injury due to another’s negligence, contact Wes at Kocsis Law Office PC for a FREE injury consultation. Call Kocsis Law Office PC at 570-888-7709 or send an email to [email protected] to schedule your FREE consultation. Home and hospital visits are available if you are injured.

Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer – Serving Athens, Sayre, Towanda, Troy, Canton, Bradford County, Sullivan County, Tioga County, Susquehanna County, Wyoming County, Lycoming County, and all of Northeastern Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York.