J. Wesley Kocsis
- President of Kocsis Law Office PC
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Catastrophic Injuries
- UIM and UM Insurance Benefits
- Work Injuries
- Animal Attacks
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Assault and Intentional Acts
- Medical Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Divorce and Property Distribution
- Child Custody and Relocation
- Child Support, Spousal Support, and Alimony
- Criminal Defense and DUI
- Name Changes
I have been the owner of Kocsis Law Office PC in Athens, Bradford County, PA since 2009. I have a general practice of law, but with an emphasis in injury law, family law, and real estate transactions. I take pride in the fact that I provide the same quality of service as the "big city" injury firms but with the attributes of being a "small town" lawyer. That is, I am involved with the PI case every step of the way. I meet my clients in the hospital and at their homes, I take pictures and videos of accident scenes, I talk to witnesses and police, I take recorded statements, and I gather medical records and locate appropriate experts. Moreover, I get to know my clients and their families. I think some of these things are lost in the larger firms.
I am admitted to practice in all Pennsylvania and New York State courts and the United States District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Northern District of New York, and Western District of New York. Further, I have argued before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts and have successfully settled cases with MCARE and PennDOT. I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and have four 7-figure recoveries and several substantial 6-figure recoveries under my belt.
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members), a 4-time recipient of the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star distinction in the area of personal injury, a 3-time recipient of The National Trial Lawyers Association "Top 40 under 40" distinction (restricted to only 40 attorneys per state, per year), a 2015 recipient of the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys' "Top 10 under 40" award (only given to 10 attorneys per state, per year), and a 2016 & 2017 "Top 100" Trial Lawyers - Pennsylvania Civil Plaintiff recipient.
I also am involved in my community. I am an annual sponsor of a girls' softball team, am a board member and the child safety coordinator for Valley ASA Softball, and I help coach the Harlan Rowe Middle School softball team. I am VP of the school's Science Olympiad booster club and am the team photographer. I volunteer with local animal shelters and have done pro bono work for them as well. I am also a member of the advisory board of a local Bank. I am an Eagle Scout and PADI certified SCUBA diver.
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- Major: Government and Law
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- New York, 2006
- Superlawyers (4 time recipient)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers Association "Top 40 under 40" (3 time recipient)
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys' "Top 10 under 40"
- "Top 100" Trial Lawyers - Pennsylvania Civil Plaintiff (2 time recipient)
- Pro bono work for various animal shelters/no kill shelters
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Kappa Psi